f1is013b ~ Jointed Halloween Creatures
Tools for Assembling Paper Mini’s Kit:
- Metal straight-edge (ruler).
Make fold lines by pressing against the edge of the ruler.
- White craft glue that is a
“quick grab” “clear dry” type of glue.
- X-acto blade tool and fresh
- A true cutting mat
- Small artist brush with which
to paint on glue
- Small piece of aluminum foil to squeeze work glue onto.
This will act as your glue pot
- Small detailing scissors,
a.k.a. as embroidery snips
- Sharp needle
1. Cut out pieces with a fresh X-acto blade. You may be better with
the small scissors, but I find that the pieces tend to bend when
cutting with scissors.
2. Pierce the points where brads
will go with a needle. Make holes wide enough for brad. Do the
piercing with the piece flat on the cutting mat, so as not to tear
the piece or distort it.
3. Insert brads. Make note by
looking at the photo as to whether pieces are on top or bottom.
The legs are on the back side of the pumpkin and the arms are on the
front of the pumpkin. Repeat the technique for the skeleton. The
upper arms are the top layer and the upper legs are the top layer of
4. Dab a drop of glue to the end of
each brad. Dry with printed side facing upward so as not to get glue
on back of pieces. Prop up with objects.