a1is009 ~ Traveler's Load
Tools for Assembling Paper Mini’s Kit:
- Metal straight-edge (ruler).
Make fold lines by pressing against the edge of the ruler.
- White craft glue that is a
“quick grab” “clear dry” type of glue.
- X-acto blade tool and fresh
- A true cutting mat
- cotton tipped swab
- Small artist brush with which
to paint on glue
- Small piece of aluminum foil to squeeze work glue onto.
This will act as your glue pot
- Small detailing scissors,
a.k.a. as embroidery snips
- Small black office clips
Pompei Fold-out Pictorial Souvenir
For the America and Pompei souvenirs, glue a length
of ribbon across the
inside of the covers.
2. Fan-fold the length
of photos (faces together) and position the first photo
over the souvenir front cover's inside blank surface. Glue in
place. Repeat for other souvenir packet.
1933 World's Fair Fold-out Pictorial
The 1933 World's Fair souvenir cover needs to be
folded in half and blank sides glued together. Note
the fold position in the photo.
Fanfold the length of photos, faces together. Position the back of the
first photo over the dotted rectangle.
5. Glue the back
blank surface to the dotted rectangle.
Fold cover to create a binder for the line of
1. Fold item at all fold lines. You will see shape of miniature
appear when folds are in place.
2. Use an artist’s brush and paint glue to side tabs and glue to
interior surfaces of box. Do the same to the lid as well.
3. Fold down yellow “fabric” side linings and glue into place.
4. Take the smaller rectangle and glue to inside of the box bottom.
Size it before gluing.
5. Take the larger rectangle and glue to inside of the box lid. Size
it before gluing.
6. There is a loose tab at the back long side of the lid. Glue it to
the back outside surface of the box bottom.
The Yvonne box is very similar in
construction to the Trunk assembly. To take a look at it, please go
to the a1is007c ~
Beautiful Boxes Photo Tutorial