a1is007a ~ Vintage Sewing Notions Set 1
- Metal straight-edge (ruler).
Make fold lines by pressing against the edge of the ruler.
- White craft glue that is a
“quick grab” “clear dry” type of glue.
- X-acto blade tool and fresh
- A true cutting mat
- Small artist brush with which
to paint on glue
- Small piece of aluminum foil to squeeze work glue onto.
This will act as your glue pot
- Small detailing scissors,
a.k.a. as embroidery snips
- Small black office clips
- Clear dimensional craft paint
Corticelli Thread Advertising
1. Cut out around the
rectangle perimeter of both halves. Do not cut two panels apart!!
2. Fold down the center line
between the two rectangles. Paint glue to the two blank sides, then
press together making sure that the edges line up perfectly. Place
under something flat and heavy until dry.
3. Detail cut around the image. Do
this from the front where the artwork is found.
1. Use the metal
straight-edge and a sharp X-acto blade tool to cut this item.
2. Wind tight to make a coil. This
makes it easy to drape it around the neck or waist of a dress dummy.
Bias Tape Packages
1. Cut out around the rectangle perimeter of both halves of bias
tape board. Fold down the center line between the two rectangles.
2. Paint glue to the two blank
sides, then press together making sure that the edges line up
perfectly. Place under something flat and heavy until dry.
3. To add realism, take 1/16" wide
ribbon and wrap around board covering printed tape.
4. Cut out label and glue around
bias tape board.
Snap and Button Cards
1. Cut out at perimeter of
each card and backing. Fold in half so blank sided are against each
other and paint on glue. Press under something heavy until dry.
2. You can glue min snaps and
buttons directly to the card, or use clear dimensional paint to make
it seem as though there are snaps and buttons attached. A little
drop carefully to each printed button works very well. To ensure
that the drops don't magnetically draw to each other to make a big
glob, drop on every other or alternate snap/button. Allow to dry
completely before going back and dropping on the bare alternates.