a1is002d ~ Contemporary Classroom Desk Items
Required tools and
- X-acto knife and fresh
- Good cutting mat
- Detailing scissors
- Fast-grab, quick-dry
white craft glue that dries clear
- Quick-dry glue
that bonds metal and glass
- Small piece of aluminum
foil to use as a glue pot
- Artist's paint brush to
apply craft glue
- Small black
Pencils, Colored Pencils and Crayons Assembly
1. Visit the Pencil Photo Tutorial for
constructing all the writing utensils. The photos
will be very helpful to you. Make sure to wind the pencil tightly to the end. You may need to do this several times
at practice to get it right.
1. Visit the Wall Calendar
Photo Tutorial to view an easy method
for construction this item.
2. Neatly stack the cut out notepad pages and pinch into black binder clip. The
exposed edge should be the tops of the pages. You may want to sandwich pages
into a piece of scrap paper before pinching them with the clip. This keeps
indents from happening to the pages.
3. Use an artist's brush and brush a thick layer of glue along the top edge of
the clipped pages. Allow to dry thoroughly.
Crayon Box Assembly
1. Fold to form the box. Use a straight-edge ruler to fold against.
2. Glue the side tab to the interior blank surface of the box.
3. Fold the bottom of the box shut, and glue closed. Allow glue to dry before
stocking with crayons.
Computer Diskette Assembly
1. Cut out and fold each of the four diskettes in half.
2. Use a paint brush and glue the blank sides together.
Pencil Box Assembly
1. Fold the cut out box at all fold lines (follow photo as guide). You will see
shape of miniature appear when folds are in place.
2. Glue the 4 white side tabs to the blank interior surfaces of the four box
walls. Use tweezers to maintain sharp corners. Allow to dry thoroughly.
3. Fold down the three edging strips found at the top of sides. Glue securely
into place. Use tweezers to maintain a crisp thin edge.
4. Fold lid’s attached lining down the center line and glue blank sides
Coloring Book Assembly
1. Cut both panels of coloring pages and then fold in half.
2. Cut out the semi-gloss coloring book cover and fold it in half.
3. Cut out some scrap paper and fold. Use this to practice stapling, and find
the exact position needed to staple your coloring book’s pages.
4. Stack pages on coloring book cover. Position stapler along spine area and
punch a staple at the center.